Saturday, October 18, 2008

Almost Missing the Train

It was a pleasant day, and we were going as a group to Lucca for the afternoon. I needed to pick up a phone in Florence so I got instructions for the train and ventured ahead into Florence alone. Having developed a good feel of the streets, I took my bus into town and quickly walked to the cybercafe that had my phone. Then I went directly to the train station because I only had about 20 minutes until the train was supposed to leave. It was at the train station that my troubles began. Lucca was such a small stop that it was not listed on the board, I actually need to be looking for another town, also I had the wrong time written down by two minutes so the train I was looking for was non existent. This information was all on the schedule given to me; therefore, not something I had copied down wrong. Ah but I have a phone now, so I called Kyle and he said, "Look for Lucca 1:10 the rest of the group should be on it already." Kyle was reading from the same schedule. By now my time was running out, so I called Robbie, "Track 5," he said. With a minute to go and the track on the opposite end I sprinted towards my track and jumped through the closing doors of my train to Lucca. Ah what and adventure.

No comments: