Friday, September 19, 2008

First You Must Explore

Yesterday, we were introduced to Scandicci. By introduced I mean this, Robbie took us to town, led us all around, showed us how to ride the bus and got me all turned around as to where I was. He then preceded to give us some rather sketchy directions and say well see you at the Villa, and drove off. Fortunately I made it back, although it was a rather daunting stressful task. While in Scandicci, I did have the opportunity for my first cappuccino at Mario's. It was delicious. Today, I woke up to a dreary slow, chilling drizzle outside my window. So I looked through my meager selection of clothing, picked out a sweater (not hard as I only have one), and prepared for my first visit into Florence. Armed with map and umbrella, I trekked over to bus 16 with the group and headed into town. Once there Robbie once again quickly led us through a maze of streets, dropped us off with Kyle and disappeared after lunch. Then Kyle took us all to a central square and said okay, get some supper, explore and find your way back to the villa. Once again I made it back. Today I felt more confident than yesterday. Due to the bleak conditions decent photography was mostly out of the question, but I did manage to snap a few, just like a good tourist. I look forward to spending lots of time in both of these towns in the near future, and hope to take some good pictures soon. Until then here are a few halfway okay pictures.

No comments: